PhD Scolarships including Creative Speech Technology jobs.ac.uk/job/AHS359/phd…
On May 10th I gave a talk at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama on some of my work on measuring audience response to performance. This presentation will make little sense without explanation but here it is http://www.yo-yo.uk.com/chris_newell_research/GSMD/newell_MAR/
I am the academic consultant for two new exciting Creative Exchange projects with Culture Lab. http://thecreativeexchange.org/projects/participatory-production-technologies http://thecreativeexchange.org/projects/precipice
New article on synthetic speech and melodrama by Paul Barker, Chris and George Newell published by Informa here
The piece it describes is to be performed again, this time at the Tête à Tête opera festival. Details coming soon.
Tomorrow presenting at a research seminar at Toby Churchill – tonight chatting with colleagues from Toshiba’s speech research lab
I am at Cr8 net is Shoreditch. Ed Vaizey presenting?
Progress! Instant blogging + auto tweeting of latest post. You will need
- WordPress plugin – ‘Twitter Tools’
- Quite a bit of fiddling around ensuring necessary WordPress server features are enabled
- Optional: Windows ‘Live Writer’
- More fiddling.
- Result – Create your blog in ‘Live Writer” easy-peasy WYSIWYG – press publish – it is uploaded to your blog and a tweet is generated pointing to the new post.
- Pretty useful! Took me about 3 hours mainly because did not know what I was doing.